The Malaysian Mental Health Association (MMHA) provides psychiatric rehabilitation service at our centre; conducts seminars and awareness programmes for the public and targeted population groups, as well as programmes for support group for clients and their families. For these, we depend on financial support from well wishers to ensure that our programmes can reach out to, and benefit, as many people as possible
What can you do to help make a difference?
We need financial contribution to help us maintain our rehabilitation, advocacy and public education activities. As such, we appeal to you to support us by donating to MMHA to help make a difference.
Donate Now Online
Information for On-Line Donation:
General & Method of Payment
- You may donate any amount through MMHA’s online payment gateway. Please note that we have a certain level of administrative cost that needs to be maintained (postage, notification system etc.) for the purpose of issuing tax-exempt receipts, as such we appreciate your consideration on the appropriate amount should you wish to claim tax-exemption.
- All donations will be in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR). However, if you are a non Malaysian and do not have a Malaysian bank account, you can opt to donate by using credit card but you will be charged according to your base currency at the prevailing rate set by your credit card company.
- We also accept cash and cheque donation. You can come directly to our office for Cash donation or post your cheque to the following address:
- Malaysian Mental Health Association
- No. 8 Jalan 4/33
- Off Jalan Othman
- 46050 Petaling Jaya
- Besides the above two method of payments, we have other payment options as stated below
- a) Credit Card (MasterCard & Visa) via iPay88
- b) CIMB Clicks
- c) Online banking through our CIMB account no: 800-231-3886
- iPay88 will be able to process your transaction as long as the credit card bears a Visa or MasterCard logo. iPay88 transaction fee is inclusive of the bank and credit card company fees.
Technical & Security Concerns
- All payment transactions are handled by iPay88 which has put in place various security requirements and compliance guidelines to curb fraudulent transactions from occurring. iPay88 complies with PCI Data Security Standard and Malaysia Payment System Act.
- On MMHA’s website, our donation page is hosted on a secure server to ensure integrity of data and security of your transaction.
- Please examine the settings of your internet browser to verify if the pop-up blocker is turned on. Please ensure that the pop-blocker is turned OFF. For Internet Explorer users, go to Tools->Pop-Up Blocker->Turn-Off Pop-Up Blocker.
Tax Exemption Receipt (Malaysian Donors Only)
- Tax-Exemption receipt is only eligible for Malaysian Donors for all donations under sub-section 44 (6) of Income Tax Act 1967. Tax Exemption permit No: 8278.
- You need to provide your full name (as required to be written on the tax-exempt receipt), and mailing address to post the receipt to. We also prefer you provide your email address and phone number for us to follow up on your receipt if necessary.
- You should receive your tax-exempt receipt within two weeks of us receiving your notification (together with proof of payment) via fax or email. Do notify us if you failed to receive our tax-exempt receipt within the stipulated time frames. We will attend to your request immediately.
- If original tax-exempt receipt is lost, MMHA will replace the lost receipt. Please note that we will only issue a one-time replacement of receipt.
- If you have not claim your tax-exempt receipt or forget whether you received a copy from MMHA, we will issue tax-exempt receipt as requested as long as the transaction (donation) date occurred within the same calendar year.
Cancellation and Refund
- Please notify us immediately if you have made a wrong amount through the online payment gateway. We will do the required bank reconciliation before processing your refund. If a tax-exempt receipt has been issued, we will refund the donation only upon receiving the original copy of the tax-exempt receipt.